NEW CLIENT SPECIAL'S $75 FULL SET LASH EXTENSIONS! BUY A DIVA LASH PLAN & SAVE $30!
LASH EXTENSION'S ARE NOT A MUST. THOUGH THEY HELP ENCHANCE YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY THEY CAN ALSO COME WITH RISK. CLIENT MUST BE WILLING TO CARE OR EXTENSION BETWEEN SERVICES. ANYONE WITH THIN, FINE, SPACES /GAPS, OR SHORT LASHES MUST BE EVEN MORE CAREFUL WITH LASH EXTENSIONS. AS THEY CAN CAUSE DAMAGE AND OR LASH LOST IF NOT CARED FOR PROPERLY. NO MATTER WHO DOES YOUR EXTENSION BE SURE YOU ALSO EDUCATE YOURSELF OUTSIDE OF THE SALON, CAUSE AFTER ALL YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF POOR AFTERCARE.
CLEAN THEM!! BE GENTLE!!! LOVE ON THEM!!! BUT DONT OVERLY BRUSH THEM!!!! THEY ARE JUST LIKE YOUR LITTLE PLANT'S,AND OR BABIES...JUST HAIRY!
This is a big one. Back in the early days of lash extensions the advice was to not get them wet, ever - obviously now, we all know that’s a little bit silly (read: TERRIBLE ADVICE) - once the glue is dry, it’s water resistant and will not mind coming into contact with water, even a little bit. The fact of the matter is that cleaning our lashes is something we should ALL be doing, and something we should ALL DO For one thing, oils and makeup residue can build up and are so gross to clean when YOU COME BACK, equal parts crusty and shimmery in the lash region. Not only is this taking away valuable treatment time - we recommended BUYING foam cleanser to go and wash YOUR lashes with before even coming close to the bed - but oils can get between the glue bond and the natural lash, causing the extensions to just slide right off.
As well as this, there are a whole host of health issues that can arise from not cleaning our lashes properly, from infections such as blepharitis to literal bugs that live in your lashes and eat them - I’m not kidding.
Foam cleanser is gentle, oil free and it really gets in between the lashes giving you a deeeeeeep clean.
After cleansing, pat dry with a towel and brush with a mascara wand. Give the wand a little wiggle for optimal fluffage!
Some of us like to fiddle with things, but our lashes shouldn’t be one of them! Apart from messing with retention, picking at your extensions can pull out the natural lashes from the root - these lashes may then never grow back.
Some people have a certain type of anxiety disorder which causes them to pick at their hair and lashes - it can’t be helped but it can still be damaging. For these clients, perhaps suggest something like Lash Filler which will give them less to pick at, and also note that asking for help is always okay.
THINGS TO AVOID
Steam Rooms and Saunas.
Yes, heat and humidity cure your glue. But extreme heat can also soften the glue - not only can this weaken the bonds, but it can cause more fumes to be released, which reopens the possibility of an allergic reaction and of irritation. Extreme heat can also affect the curl of the lashes, so watch out for any flattening of the lashes - heat could well be the culprit!
We’ve touched on this briefly, but it’s always worth reiterating! Oil won’t break down glue, but it can sneak in between the glue and the lashes, making them slide right off. If you’ve got an oily client, it’s great to use Booster to open up the hair fiber and give the glue more to attach to.
Getting Them Wet For 24 Hours.
Glue will mostly be dry in 8 hours, but if we tell clients 8 hours, they will be submerging their entire face in a swimming pool within 4, so add extra time just in case! If you do have clients who like to swim/shower/cry shortly after treatment, try adding Super bonder at the end of your treatment to instantly cure the glue whilst keeping it flexible, not brittle. Then they can swim (or cry) to their heart’s content.
THING YOUR TEACH MAY LOOK OUT FOR
Whether it’s pregnancy, or Aunt Flow is in town for the week, hormone levels can play havoc with retention. Skin can become oilier; the hairs’ growth rate can speed up causing lash loss more quickly.
While there isn’t really a lot of research on this, smoking can make a difference to the lash retention. This is most likely due to the chemicals in cigarette smoke, and also the little bursts of heat close to the lashes at semi-regular intervals.
Applying lashes is only half the job! In order to maintain the health and integrity of the lashes, it’s important to educate and follow up with your LASH TECH on aftercare recommendations. Here are the instructions we recommend....
1. As an extra precaution, we want our clients to avoid water or steam within the first 24- hours after applying the lashes. When our adhesives comes in contact with a large amount of water before it is cured, the adhesive gets “shocked” and breaks right off. That being said, we highly recommend gently washing and cleansing your lashes daily after the 24-hour mark is complete! Wash your lashes, we don’t want to see lash mites!!!
2. Wash and cleanse your lashes with Oil-Free products. Unfortunately, oils break down our lash adhesive causing them to fall out faster. Encourage your client to use Oil-Free hair and make-up products to ensure best lash retention!
3. This one is important! Avoid pulling, touching, or rubbing the lash extensions. Remember that lash extensions are attached to the client’s natural lashes. This means as you pull out the lash extension, you are also prematurely and forcefully pulling out the natural lash. If done too often, the natural lash will stop growing from the follicle.
4. We do not recommend perming, tinting, or curling the lash extensions
5. Shedding is natural, don’t panic! As your natural lashes shed at the end of their growth cycle, the lash extension will fall out with it. If you see fall out with your natural lash attached, this is actually a great sign of retention and that the lash cycle is healthy!
6. In order to maintain the aesthetics and health of the lashes, we recommend scheduling a fill every 2 - 3 weeks for all our clients!
7. CHANGING OUT LASHES EVERY 2 TO 3 FILLS FOR A FULL SET CAN ALSO HELP WITH RETENTION PROBLEMS DUE TO GLUE BUILD UP.
Currently not taking Groupon, but will honor Groupons price for all new client's only!
$75 Classic Full Set
$85 Hybrid Full Set
Brow and Lip Model's Needed (MUST BE 18)!!!
Basic Makeup & Facials coming soon!!!
MUST BOOK ALL APPOINTMENT ONLINE !!
AfterPay Options for Diva Plans Only!